Anti-decubitus mattress BARIDEC
The BARIDEC therapeutic support surface provides effective solutions for a wide patient management issues including patients with the obesity problem. It is suitable for patients up to 350kg. Various operation modes combined with Advanced Turn Technology and moisture management – all in one system. Adjustable rotation angles up to 30⁰ and times. Dual compressor pump provides better performance – quiet and efficient. The pump can operate in the following modes: pressure alternating, static, pulsating or full inflation mode. The system has the Advanced Turn Technology function, i.e. lateral tilts and continuous patient rotation (one- or two-sided).
Lateral tilt and rotation can be carried out during each operating mode. The replacement mattress is equipped with side bolsters to protect the patient from both sides.
BARIDEC is recommended for round-the-clock pressure ulcer prevention and management of all pressure ulcer stages.
PATIENT WEIGHT LIMIT AND DIMENSIONS
Dual compressor pump can operate in four different modes:
- ALTERNATING – periodically redistributes pressure by alternately inflating and deflating cells beneath the patient
- STATIC – pressure inside the mattress is equalised to redistribute the body weight over a greater surface area
- PULSATE – periodically changes the pressure inside the mattress from high to low; the change of area, where the surface pressure is in contact with the patient’s body, improves the blood circulation
- AUTO-FIRM (full inflation mode) -Provides a temporary stable support surface to assist nursing procedures, patient transfer etc. It defaults automatically to alternating mode after 20 minutes
AUTO SET - AUTOMATIC PRESSURE ADJUSTMENT
A built-in pressure controller automatically adjusts the mattress settings. Pressure can be also adjusted manually. The mattress will work in Auto Set mode until it’ll be switched to the manual adjustment mode.
ADVANCED TURN TECHNOLOGY
Function of lateral tilt and patient rotation operating in both alternating and static modes. This feature not only improves the prevention and treatment of pressure ulcers, but also assists with pulmonary functions and reduces the manual handling. The turn time can be adjusted from 10 to 95 minutes (5min. intervals) with options to turn right or left only, as well as both sides, up to 30⁰. The facility can be turn on or off using control panel, in accordance to the needs of users
BENEFITS FOR THE NURSING STAFF
- Saves the time required for nursing procedures
BENEFITS FOR THE PATIENT
- Improves the pressure sores prevention
STATIC HEAD SECTION
Cells in head section are always inflated for better comfort.
iMAL – INDEPENDENT MICRO AIR LOSS
In conventional micro air loss systems the air is coming through the micro holes made in cells, but patient’s body blocks the holes and reduces the effectiveness. The iMAL system is located beneath the mattress cells and is not interfered with patient’s body.
Independent micro air loss system reduces heat accumulated in the mattress, which increases patient comfort and ensures proper microclimate around his body. The iMAL system is independent from mattress cells and therefore it does not interfere with transport functions. The iMAL system works automatically and does not require any settings.
- POWER FAIL ALARM – audible* and visual indicator of power loss
- LOW PRESSURE ALARM – audible* and visual indicator of low pressure in the mattress .
- SERVICE INDICATOR – indicates the internal fault of pump.
*An audible alarm will sound unless cancelled by the mute button. If the cause of alarm is not removed, the alarm will sound again.
Control panel AUTO-LOCKOUT
Prevents from accidental or unintentional setting changes on the pomp. After a period of inactivity the control panel will automatically lock.
INDICATION FOR USE
CONTRAINDICATIONS FOR USE
- Patient should not operate the system.
- No interference or modifications are allowed. The pump housing may only be removed by authorized service staff. The pump contains no user-serviceable parts. Do not disassemble the pump.
- Do not allow the pump to come into contact with the liquid and do not immerse the device in water. If the product is submerged in water, do not remove the product, immediately remove the plug from the power socket.
Easy Turn Technology and Advanced Turn Technology (if applied) must be used only on the beds equipped with side rails. The side rails must be obligatory raised.
- The system requires a mattress to be connected to the pump. Do not turn off the pump or remove the plug from the power socket during operation.
- Do not place the heating blanket neither on nor under the mattress.
The air hoses and the power cord should be placed at the foot of the bed so that they are not near the moving parts of the bed or in other places where they can get caught. If there are flaps on the sides of the mattress to protect the power cords, use them.
- The CPR quick release should always be visible and easily accessible.
- The mattress top cover is vapor permeable, but not air permeable, so it may pose a risk of suffocation.
- Check for gaps that could result in serious injury or death due to compression or movement of the mattress.
- The pump and mattress may only be used together as indicated in this manual and by PPH “Real”. The correct operation of the device cannot be guaranteed if incorrect pump and mattress combination are used.
- CAUTION – Any serious incident that has occurred in relation to the device should be reported to the manufacturer and the competent authority of the Member State in which the user and/or patient is established.
- Failure to follow these recommendations may cause injury, and in extreme cases, even death. For a complete list of residual risks, please read the instruction for the specific product.
Order code: BD100F-21012AFB
MATTRESS REPLACEMENT Number of cells 18 Cell material TPU Cover material poliester-PU Mattress base material poliester-PU Max patient weight 350kg
PUMP Dimensions 42,7 x 12,8 x 23,3cm Case material ABS Mode of operation continous Supply voltage/frequency 230V/50Hz Power output 35 VA Operating cycle times 15, 20, 25 minutes Tilt/rotation time 10-95min (5min. intervals)
Degree of protection against
Class II, type BF Degree of protection against ingress of liquids IP21
Real is a stable, family found company with over 25 years of history and experience. Our portfolio includes a number of state-of-the-art products. Our anti-bedsore mattresses are based on extensive knowledge and advanced technology.
ul. Żołnierska 16 pok. 805
10-561 Olsztyn, Poland
Telephone: +48 89 534 51 61