Anti-decubitus mattress IMPULSE®
The IMPULSE® pressure redistribution overlay system is used as an aid in the prevention and treatment of pressure ulcers up to category 4 (EPUAP/NPUAP). The pump can operate in alternating or static mode.
The complete system includes: pump, mattress overlay and top cover. The mattress overlay is made of transverse interchangeable cells. The system is suitable for a wide range of care settings in hospital, community and home care.
TWO OPERATION MODES
ALTERNATING – periodically redistributes pressure away by inflating and deflating every 2nd cell beneath the patient’s body in chosen time period (10, 15 or 20 minutes). Static head section ensures additional comfort.
STATIC – cell pressure is held constant across the surface and body mass is redistributed over a greater surface. It defaults automatically to alternating mode after 30 minutes.
PATIENT WEIGHT LIMIT
STATIC HEAD SECTION
Cells in head section are always inflated for better comfort.
iMAL – INDEPENDENT MICRO AIR LOSS
In conventional micro air loss systems the air is coming through the micro holes made in cells, but patient’s body blocks the holes and reduces the effectiveness. The iMAL system is located beneath the mattress cells and is not interfered with patient’s body.
Independent micro air loss system reduces heat accumulated in the mattress, which increases patient comfort and ensures proper microclimate around his body. The iMAL system is independent from mattress cells and therefore it does not interfere with transport functions. The iMAL system works automatically and does not require any settings.
2-way stretch top cover minimising friction and share forces. Vapour permeable and water resistant for patient comfort and hygiene. Attached to the mattress base by concealed zips to reduce ingress of fluids. Flame retardant, easy to clean. It can be completely removed for laundering.
2-way stretch, flame retardant, top cover made of knitted fabric covered with polyurethane. It permits water vapour through and holds liquids on the surface. Attached to the mattress with a concealed zipper. The cover can be completely removed for cleaning, laundering and disinfecting.
- POWER FAIL ALARM – audible* and visual indicator of power loss
- LOW PRESSURE ALARM – audible* and visual indicator of low pressure in the mattress .
- SERVICE INDICATOR – indicates the internal fault of pump.
*An audible alarm will sound unless cancelled by the mute button. If the cause of alarm is not removed, the alarm will sound again.
INDICATION FOR USE
CONTRAINDICATIONS FOR USE
- Patient should not operate the system.
- No interference or modifications are allowed. The pump housing may only be removed by authorized service staff. The pump contains no user-serviceable parts. Do not disassemble the pump.
- Do not allow the pump to come into contact with the liquid and do not immerse the device in water. If the product is submerged in water, do not remove the product, immediately remove the plug from the power socket.
Easy Turn Technology and Advanced Turn Technology (if applied) must be used only on the beds equipped with side rails. The side rails must be obligatory raised.
- The system requires a mattress to be connected to the pump. Do not turn off the pump or remove the plug from the power socket during operation.
- Do not place the heating blanket neither on nor under the mattress.
The air hoses and the power cord should be placed at the foot of the bed so that they are not near the moving parts of the bed or in other places where they can get caught. If there are flaps on the sides of the mattress to protect the power cords, use them.
- The CPR quick release should always be visible and easily accessible.
- The mattress top cover is vapor permeable, but not air permeable, so it may pose a risk of suffocation.
- Check for gaps that could result in serious injury or death due to compression or movement of the mattress.
- The pump and mattress may only be used together as indicated in this manual and by PPH “Real”. The correct operation of the device cannot be guaranteed if incorrect pump and mattress combination are used.
- CAUTION – Any serious incident that has occurred in relation to the device should be reported to the manufacturer and the competent authority of the Member State in which the user and/or patient is established.
- Failure to follow these recommendations may cause injury, and in extreme cases, even death. For a complete list of residual risks, please read the instruction for the specific product.
Order code: IM100-11021
MATTRESS REPLACEMENT Number of cells 19 Cell material TPU-nylon Cover material poliester-PU Mattress base material poliester-PU Max patient weight 200kg
PUMP Case material ABS Mode of operation continous Supply voltage/frequency 230V/50Hz Power output 8 VA Operating cycle times 10, 15, 20 minutes Degree of protection against Electrical shock Class II, type BF Degree of protection against ingress of liquids IP21
Real is a stable, family found company with over 25 years of history and experience. Our portfolio includes a number of state-of-the-art products. Our anti-bedsore mattresses are based on extensive knowledge and advanced technology.
ul. Żołnierska 16 pok. 805
10-561 Olsztyn, Poland
Telephone: +48 89 534 51 61